There are no news items yet!
You are here: About School / School history
Kesteven and Grantham Girls' School, opened in 1910 on the present extensive and attractive site overlooking the town of Grantham. New Buildings were added, the most recent in 2003/2004 including a Sports hall, to accommodate the increasing size of the school's population.
The original buildings have been refurbished, and together with the extensive additions over the years, provide excellent accommodation and facilities for today's students.
We aim to provide a learning environment, which is both stimulating and supportive, fostering excellence, self-esteem, independence, initiative, integrity and concern for others. We will enable every student to develop fully her intellectual and personal qualities and to acquire the knowledge, skills, confidence and flexibility to play an active, responsible part in a changing world.
In 2003, the school was the first in Lincolnshire to be designated a Science Specialist School. In October 2007, KGGS was successful in its re-designation as a Specialist Science School, as part of the Special Schools’ and Academies Trust. In November 2007, the school was also recognised by the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust as a high performing Specialist School, enabling the school to apply for and achieve a second specialism in Languages. The additional funding provided new learning environments and facilities leading to whole school improvement in performance.
In 2012, Kesteven and Grantham Girls’ School gained Academy status.
Kesteven and Grantham Girls' School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Company number 08133675. The registered office is at Sandon Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 9AU.
© 2009 - Kesteven and Grantham Girls' School