Into Year 7
The online admissions system is provided for parents and carers who need to apply for a Year 7 place for the upcoming September. The Local Authority prefers parents to apply using the online application system but you can also make a phone application or contact them for a paper form.
Their number is 01522 782030. To apply online, log onto their website at www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
11+ 2017 Entry
Please telephone the school on (01476) 563017 for further details as these requirements are different from the 2018 arrangements.
11+ 2018 Entry
Parental Information Leaflet - Admission and Registration Procedure (PDF)
In order to print the leaflet as an A4 booklet, open the file in the latest version of Adobe Reader, go to File > Print, and simply select "Booklet" and press Print.
The selection procedure will be carried out by the schools and not by the Local Authority. The Lincolnshire Grammar Schools will use Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning tests that are specifically produced by G L Assessments (GLA). There will be two tests, both at the beginning of Year 6, and these tests will be administered by KGGS. This, however, does not prevent you from choosing to go to another grammar school in Lincolnshire.
The timetable of proceedings for a September 2018 entry is as follows:
- September 2017
- Parents will receive The Lincolnshire School Admission Guide 2018 via their daughter’s primary school, giving all the information you need to apply online . If your LA is not Lincolnshire, you must follow the instructions you receive from your own LA.
- 16th September 2017
- Verbal Reasoning 11+ test will take place at KGGS.
- 23rd September 2017
- Non-Verbal Reasoning 11+ test will take place at KGGS.
- 13th October 2017
- Results posted to parents.
- 16th October 2017
- Results emailed to Primary School Heads. If you do not wish your primary school to know these results, you must let us know in writing by Friday 29th September 2017.
- 31st October 2017
- Deadline for return of parental preference form to your LA.
- 1st March 2018
- The LA will send out offers of places based on the preferences submitted on your application form. You will have the opportunity to appeal or to make a new application if you wish. You must decide whether or not to accept the offer of this place by 16th March 2018.
- 2nd March 2018
- KGGS will write to confirm the LA offer of a place at this school or, if unsuccessful, to offer to include your daughter on a reserve list.
If you wish your daughter to take the 11+ selection tests for entry to this school in September 2018, it is vital that you complete and return the registration form either to us by 31st March 2017 or to your primary school if requested by them to do so. Once you have registered your daughter to take the 11+ tests here at KGGS, the following administrative procedure will take place.
- On receipt of your completed 11+ registration form
- We will enter your daughter’s details on our database and confirm acknowledgement of this to you by email.
- June 2017
- Practice papers are made available to local feeder primary schools.
- July 2017
- We will send emails to parents to remind you about the tests and you should confirm if you wish your daughter to enter.
- Please let us know if you change address or primary school, or if you wish to withdraw your daughter from the tests.
- July 2017
- Year 5 Information Evening here at KGGS 6.00pm.