Free School Meals
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 (as at April 2012)
- Universal Credit
(*unless in the Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.)
Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
The school uses a cashless catering system in the dining hall. This allows your daughter to purchase her free school meal with complete discretion in exactly the same way as any other pupil. There is no need for your daughter to alert dining staff that she is eligible for Free School Meals.
The school encourages all eligible parents to apply for Free School Meals as it allows the school to claim extra funding through the Pupil Premium. Even if Free School Meals are only claimed for a short time, we continue to receive the Pupil Premium payment for the next five years.
If you wish to apply for Free School Meals, please complete the form below and return it to the school.